Skip to main content

Homemade Ricotta Gnocchi


Ryan and I have always, always, always loved going to Gloria's Little Italy in Provo. It's a little pricey, but when we get to go, we savor every moment - especially every bite of their mouth-watering gnocchi. Gloria makes them herself - and her husband Mauro runs the restaurant. If we're lucky, we have some of their heaven-sent gelato on our way out.

Once again, while browsing the hunger-inflicting pins on Pinterest, I found the idea of making some delicious gnocchi for dinner. I love using Pinterest to find new recipes to try each week. I've really enjoyed the blogs these recipes have lead me to. After searching though their websites and falling in love with their recipes, I'm hooked by the end.

This blog is pretty awesome. Russanne provides a simple and approachable recipe for home-made gnocchi. I tried it out this afternoon for our Sunday dinner, and will have to throw it into our recipe rotation. As tasty as the light garlic oil mixture I used for the sauce was, I think we'll try it with marinara or alfredo sauce. Heck, even mix the two. It lacked a bit of the creaminess I was craving, but the gnocchi itself was oh-so-tasty. 

Here's the ingredients to her recipe. I followed it exactly, without any alterations:
(the recipe is my commentary, without pictures, of course)

-----

Ricotta Gnocchi

"15 oz Low Fat Ricotta (Yum. I'm obsessed with Ricotta)
1 egg
1 tsp olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cups flour"

Wisk all the ingredients together in a bowl - except for the flour. After everything is combined, add the flour until it forms a dough (again, the dough hook on my Kitchen Aid made these steps super-quick). Roll the dough out in little "snakes" and slice little gnocchi pieces off with a knife/kitchen scissors. Bring a pot of water to boil, then throw your little gnocchi pieces in the water. Let it boil until the gnocchi floats to the top - wait about a minute or so, drain them out, add some sauce, sprinkle with cheese, and serve 'em up! 


----

Recipe source: Russanne Kathleen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Almond Infused Cream Cheese Frosting