Skip to main content

Light Lemon Garlic Spaghetti with Toasted Pine Nuts

A surprisingly tasty and simple meal for two. I found this blog written by a line cook in Orange County, via Pinterest, and really love it (minus the whole "step-by-step pictures. It really drives me nuts. I know what pine nuts look like in a bowl, people). Nevertheless, there are a bunch of wonderful recipes on the blog I can't wait to try.

I must warn you, though, this apparently is a "chick-food recipe" according to Ryan. Perhaps if you serve this with a half cow or whole skewered pig it would better fly on a man's plate. I, on the other hand, enjoyed it the way it is: simple, tasty, and inexpensive (if you don't count the olive oil - when did it get so expensive?) In his defense, Ryan did say, by way of chick-food, it was really delicious and he would eat it again.

I loved how it didn't take any time at all to make - just about the same time it takes for your noodles to reach al dente. I most certainly will be making this one again. If with Ryan, maybe with some yummy grilled chicken on the side will be our common ground.

-----

Lemon Garlic Spaghetti

4 oz dry spaghetti
1/4 cup grated parmesan
2 tsp olive oil (Ryan suggested we try it with butter next time. I personally liked it as is with the olive oil.)
1 clove garlic
1/2 lemon (I just used a Tablespoon of lemon juice)
2 tbsp pine nuts (I threw these in early with the garlic/olive oil mixture, so the pine nuts could get more of a toasty flavor from
5-6 basil leaves, chiffonaded (I splurged and bought $3 worth fresh basil leaves. Totally worth it.)

Heat olive oil and chopped up garlic into a small frying pan - let it cook over low until the garlic starts to brown on edges. (This is where I toasted the nuts in with the garlic oil). Immediately remove from heat and reserve.

While the garlic is in with the oil, boil up your spaghetti, and chiffonade some basil leaves. Take your parmesan cheese and toasty pine nuts and dump it into a large bowl with the garlic oil garlic chunks and all.

Squeeze in lemon juice. Throw in the spaghetti and toss until well combined. Plate, crack some black pepper on it, and enjoy!

Comments

  1. Oh I totally hate the step-by-step pictures too!!! I have no idea why they do that. This looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious and simple, will have to try. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you do, Michelle! It won't disappoint, and thanks so much for visiting the blog! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

7-Layer Dip Tortilla Pinwheels

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Chicken Crunch Wrap

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries

Almond Infused Cream Cheese Frosting