Skip to main content

Sheet Pan Meal: Lemon Parmesan Crusted Chicken


Heeeeey you guys!!! Happy Monday, and welcome to my official "Sheet Pan Meals" week! Each day this week, I'll be sharing one dinner recipe where the entire meal is baked on ONE sheet pan in your oven. Yep. Just one, and each as delicious as the last. 

After my Breakfast Toast Week at the beginning of January, I thought it would be fun to do one week each month this year that's dedicated to one thing. My Breakfast Toast Week was such a success and I can't thank you all enough for your comments, messages, and emails about it! 

This month I'm shifting gears more towards dinners during my themed week. Sheet Pan Meals were all the rage last year, and I totally feel like I missed out entirely during my blogging break. So I've been trying sheet pan dinners like a crazy woman and have narrowed it down to my 5-6 favorite ones. So buckle up, get ready to salivate, and jump in those kitchens next week with these sheet pan meals! Here we go... 

This week's first recipe is this MOUTHWATERING Lemon Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Veggies! 


Breading chicken is my middle name. Other than one epic fail last summer, I've been able to consistently bread chicken like a pro, and you will to with recipes like this one! It's all in the technique, I tell you. 


First you start off with egg, lemon juice, and garlic. Salt the chicken breasts well, and make sure they're all about the same thickness. That way they cook evenly together and you don't have some that are undercooked, and some that are dry after baking. 


Next, I use a mixture of panko bread crumbs, and regular bread crumbs. I've learned that Italian breadcrumbs are quite good, and have become my go-to. That way I don't have to add in any other seasonings, really, the breadcrumbs take care of everything. 


Drop the chicken breasts in the egg mixture, then the dry, then place them on the pan. Next, are the potatoes: grab those golden baby ones, and you're all set. Quarter them up so they're all about the same size, then drizzle the butter/garlic mixture over them. That stuff is like crack, I tell you. It wakes those potatoes right up and flavors them to the high heavens while baking. 


Bake for a bit, then remove everything from the oven. Turn the chicken to bake the other side, then add on the green beans. They don't need to cook nearly as long as the potatoes and chicken, so we add them in at the end. 

The chicken was so incredibly juicy, the potatoes were tender as ever (we dunked ours in ketchup!), and the green beans were cooked to perfection. Everything was cooked on the same pan in the oven, and came together so quickly. Hope you enjoy this lovely chicken, and come back again TOMORROW for another sheet pan meal recipe! 


Sheet Pan Parmesan Crusted Chicken 
makes 4 servings


ingredients:

breaded chicken:
2 large eggs
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup Italian panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs 
1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or two sliced in half), pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
salt and pepper

veggies:
1 lb golden baby potatoes, quartered
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb green beans

method:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prep a large baking sheet with parchment paper and a little cooking spray. Set aside. 
2. In a large flat bowl, whisk together egg, lemon juice, and garlic. In another separate bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs and parmesan. Salt and pepper the chicken. 
3. Bread the chicken by dipping each chicken breast into the egg mixture. Then in the breadcrumb mixture (pressing hard to coat every last part of the chicken). 
4. Place the breaded chicken onto the baking sheet and lightly spritz with a little cooking spray. Arrange the potatoes on one side of the chicken. 
5. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, butter, and salt & pepper. Pour half the mixture over the potatoes and toss evenly to coat. 
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove baking tray from the oven and flip each chicken breast. Place the green beans on the other side of the chicken, pour the other half of the garlic/butter mixture over the beans. Bake for another 10 minutes until chicken is golden (don't overcook, just barely at 165 inside), potatoes are done, and green beans are tender. Remove from oven and serve immediately. 

Recipe adapted from: Cafe Delites

Comments

  1. This chicken looks amazing! I've been obsessed with sheet pan dinners lately, they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crusty golden look I know what I am making this week. Have you tried Pakistani Cooking Recipes I love all Pakistani Recipes and mostly the appetizers by zarnak sidhwa recipes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Green Smoothie Freezer Packets

Cucumber Tea Sandwiches

Zupas Chicken Pesto Sandwiches - Copycat Recipe

Turkey Club Tortilla Pinwheels

Strawberry, Blueberry, and Green Grape Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing

Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers

Blackberry & Mint Brownie Parfait

Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup

Berry Spinach Salad with Strawberry Lime Vinaigrette

Beefy Macaroni and Cheese